Manager of Operations and Strategic Initiatives
Abeka is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Manager of Operations & Strategic Initiatives.
Started in 1972, Abeka is a Christian publishing and printing company producing quality Christian textbooks for schools and homeschools. Today, Abeka is one of the world’s largest creators and distributors of Christian based educational solutions from nursery through the 12th grade.
The Manager of Operations develops the overall strategic operational plans for the content creation, print production, and product distribution for both domestic and international channels. This position oversees the execution of these plans through a group of operational managers including Publishing, Print Shop, and Distribution Center. The manager will develop overall strategic plans for the company and provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Abeka has the proper operational controls, administrative and reporting procedures, and processes in place to effectively grow the organization and to ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of and experience in building and implementing cost control and process improvement strategies as well as a strong business acumen capable of leading and developing a staff of managers and professionals to produce and distribute high-quality, God-honoring products.
Other responsibilities include
- Champion for process improvement and the implementation of process improvement tools such as lean six sigma
- Lead by utilizing data to drive plans and actions
- Participate in the hiring and training of new team members
- Evaluate and develop direct reports, providing constructive feedback
- Coordinate with various teams and stakeholders to implement strategy
- Lead status update meetings
- Oversee all team operations, ensuring projects are completed on time and at lowest cost
- Manage the sales and operations planning process to achieve low-cost production and on-time delivery
- Establish clear goals and objectives for the three operational areas
- Define and delegate responsibilities to subordinates and provide guidance and direction
- Direct the optimization of production efficiency and materials/services procurement
- Maintain awareness of market and industry trends
- Maintain awareness of trends in publishing, printing and distribution technology, and best practices
Candidates for the job should have extensive experience leading and developing subordinates, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function using a collaborative management style. A master’s degree in a relevant field of study is required. A candidate with 8 to 10 years prior experience in multidepartment upper management is preferred.
Employees must be born-again Christians and must agree with the ministry’s
Philosophy of Education, and
Employee Commitments and the
mission, purpose, and objectives
of Pensacola Christian College, Inc. Additionally, employees are hired based on professional credentials,
education, experience, and Christian testimony as well as perceived ability to succeed.
Interested individuals should submit their résumé, a brief
Christian testimony, and a cover letter stating their career objective, to
P.O. Box 17023
Pensacola, FL 32522-7023
(850) 494-6793 (fax)