Manager of Business Development
Abeka is seeking a qualified individual to serve as the Manager of Business Development.
Started in 1972, Abeka is a Christian publishing and printing company producing quality Christian textbooks for schools and homeschools. Today, Abeka is one of the world’s largest creators and distributors of Christian based educational solutions from nursery through the 12th grade.
The Manager of Business Development creates and recommends the overall customer-focused strategic sales and marketing plans for the sales and delivery of Abeka’s educational resources to both the Christian school and homeschool customer markets. This position oversees the execution of these plans through a group of managers including Outside Sales, Customer Service, Inside Sales, Marketing, and eCommerce. The manager works with the Vice President of Abeka to develop the overall sales and marketing plans for the company and provides the leadership, management, and vision necessary to ensure that Abeka has implemented the proper business development processes and platforms, administrative and reporting procedures, and marketing and advertising efforts resulting in consistent revenue growth. The candidate should have a strong working knowledge and experience of building and implementing growth strategies as well as a strong business acumen capable of leading and developing a staff of leaders and professionals to sell and service high-quality, God-honoring products to all potential markets.
Other responsibilities include
- Champion strategy and tactics to develop new accounts and lead generation
- Establish strategy and tactics to improve account retention
- Direct strategy and tactics to increase current account adoption rate
- Oversee social media presence and public perception of Abeka
- Develop relationships with third-party distribution partners
- Participate in the hiring and training of new team members
- Evaluate direct reports, providing constructive feedback
- Coordinate with various teams and stakeholders to implement strategy
- Manage the outside and inside sales process
- Develop and implement strategies for international growth
- Establish clear goals and objectives for the business development team
- Define and delegate responsibilities to subordinates and provide guidance and direction
- Maintain awareness of market and industry trends
- Maintain awareness of trends in digital media sales and marketing
Candidates for the job should have extensive experience leading and developing subordinates, possess strong written and verbal communication skills, and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to function using a collaborative management style. Experience with both B2B and B2C markets is preferred. A master’s degree in a relevant field of study is required. A candidate with 8 to 10 year’s prior experience in multidepartment upper management is preferred.
Employees must be born-again Christians and must agree with the ministry’s
Philosophy of Education, and
Employee Commitments and the
mission, purpose, and objectives
of Pensacola Christian College, Inc. Additionally, employees are hired based on professional credentials,
education, experience, and Christian testimony as well as perceived ability to succeed.
Interested individuals should submit their résumé, a brief
Christian testimony, and a cover letter stating their career objective, to
P.O. Box 17023
Pensacola, FL 32522-7023
(850) 494-6793 (fax)